Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My favorite post ever....


Jayne & Jim
You totally got it… typically I have to teach my clients how to be natural in front of the camera. Your images are so real and that’s why I love them so-so much.


Jayne and Jim dated in high school-broke up & came back together over 40 years later.
Both are battling cancer and wanted to have a very special photo session taken. I told Jayne to sit down and think about everything they truly enjoy and maybe something they had always wanted to do. Well when I arrived at their home she was totally prepared with her list…..



1st on the list: Years ago Jim had seen a picture of a man in an empty stadium and had always thought that would be a neat photograph.

The Park...



Love this one: They are known for baking wonderful tasty pies=)


Another special thing on the list: spending time with their grandson



Jim was so kind to share his pie crust recipe with me so I’m going to share with you guys….



Pie Crust
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 large egg yoke
¼ cup of ice water
Refrig 1 hour


Note: I have never ever made my hubby a pie so I'm going to give it a try. I don't think it will look anything like this one;)



I hope these images show the joy and happiness in your lives. I feel so blessed that you came to me….it’s a session I will not soon forget. ~Tracy

P.S. I just had to put together a little surprize for you and Jim...Enjoy!!!


3 comments:

tine hofmann tm photography said...

Wow, you did incredible. I feel like I have known them forever, that’s how well you did. What a very sweet couple and great session. I also love the song you have chosen for the slide show. Well, I am having tears in my eyes, I can only imagine how their loved ones feel.

Anonymous said...

Wow...you are amazing.. and so is this couple..SUCH INSPIRATION. You capture the magic of every breath from newborn to matured. It's simply breath taking. I admire every bit of your work and never leave with out inspiration, and at least a tear shed. Beautifully done!

PicturesByTracy said...

O' my gosh thank you both! I have to say this was one was my favorite sessions ever. I walked away realizing how beautiful life, love,family and photography isto me.